Sonet designs and delivers class leading intelligent network solutions providing fast, reliable connectivity and collaboration across customers’ organisations. Solutions which are scalable by design to support the growth and expansion of their businesses.
Sonet also provides secure certified & compliant onsite data destruction for confidential devices. The Sonet team have a comprehensive knowledge of end of use data, IT asset, and E-waste reduction management solutions. All aspects of our service offering are carried out by trained and security cleared data destruction operatives.
Sonet was formed in May 2002. The founders, Darren Gibson, Gerry Lawrenson, and Darren McCartney, have built Sonet based on their considerable experience and skills in telecommunications in both Public and Private sectors.
The company has a record of successful growth over the last two decade and has expanded both team and services to cover Ireland the UK and Europe.
Solving Problems for Customers: We see our role at Sonet helps customers to solve their problems. The solutions we provide contribute to businesses in several important ways including:
- Speed Optimisation
- Improving system reliability
- More connectivity – faster connections and more of them making teams better connected and efficient
- Removing concerns about system operation
- Designing in scalability for future expansion.
- Reducing potential for data breaches
- Enhancing GDPR and waste compliance
- End of use asset disposal and WEEE Recycling freeing square footage
- A distinctive approach to working with customers
Our approach to serving our customers is based on:
- Specialist expertise to provide the right solution
- Reliability – both in carrying out the work and the outcome
- Cost efficient solutions
- Avoiding disruption to your business
We value our customers; we enjoy the privilege of getting to know them better through repeat business. We get to know our clients, understand their unique needs and deliver on every project.
Code of Conduct
Each Sonet team member promises to:
- Act fairly and reasonably in all dealings with you.
- Put the best interests of clients first at all times.
- Participate in providing a safe working environment.
- Take full responsibility for the quality of all aspects of our work.
- Act ethically and professionally at all times.
- Maintain very high standards of customer care.
- Respect our clients’ working environment and premises.
- Carry out work in accordance with our clients’ exact requirements.
- Respect the confidentiality of our customers’ data and information.
SONET are certified to many internationally recognised standards including:
- Quality Management (ISO 9001:2008)
- Environmental Management (ISO 14001:2004)
- Health & Safety Management (OHSAS 18001:2007)
- Health and Safety Management (ISO 45001)
- Waste Carrier ROC UT 6833
- Site Waste Exemption WMEX 35/79
- Construction Line
- Fibre Optic Industry Association
- Prince II Project Management
- Health & Safety at Work
- CABWI Road Safety and Street Works
- Construction Skills Register
Project examples include:
- KN Circet & Openreach providing Fibre to the premises and end point connections
- Scottish Power excavation and laying of fibre cable to wind turbines. Installation of serviceable endpoint connections
- Hillsborough Castle Fibre backbones, Cat 6 and end user network connectivity/access points. Security connectivity infrastructure.
- Middlesex University over 2400 Cat5e outlets and fibre optic cabling
- Lloyds upgrade VOIP system installation of new Cisco switching in over 1300 branches
- Manchester Hospital installation of Single mode Fibre optic cabling to 14 separate Buildings on the Main site
- Hilton Opera Paris-800 Cat6 outlets and fibre optic cabling
- A 400-outlet project in Asia
These projects are just a few examples of the types and scale of works that Sonet Communications can and has delivered with complete customer satisfaction.