The practice of using an Internet connection to pass voice data using IP instead of using the standard public switched telephone network. This allows a remote worker to function as if he or she were directly connected to a PBX even while at home or in a remote office. As well, it skips standard long-distance charges, as the only connection is through an ISP. VoIP is being used more and more to keep corporate telephone costs down, as you can simply run two network cables to a desk instead of separate network and telephone cables. VoIP runs right over your standard network infrastructure, but it also demands a very well-configured network to run smoothly.
VOIP systems can work for the smallest offices and the largest enterprises. In fact, IP PABX’s will likely replace traditional PBX phone systems as prices fall and reliability improves.
Sonet has the expertise and experience in providing high-quality voice and telephony systems PBX systems. From the design concept to installation, servicing and repair, our service can optimise your business’s internal and external communications.
We make the migration to new PBX systems easy
Installation and management of these systems cause minimal disruption to a business or organisation. Pre-configured templates for profiles and devices means plug & play interoperability of IP Phones and gateways wherever they are connected office, remote working, or on-site. Options for integration via hardware or cloud-based solutions depending on the needs of your team allowing for flexibility company changes, expansion, on and off-site deployment. Hardware-based platforms can be installed on existing company assets running windows, or virtualized and segregated on Hyper-V, VMware, or KVM. For cloud deployment, the PBX Express tool provides a reliable and user-friendly interface. Most mainstream cloud providers can be utilized, Google, Microsoft Azure Amazon Web Services, and many more.
Advantages and features of our PBX systems
- Reduced costs – Sonet PBX solutions can cut your phone bill by up to 80% with licensing by the number of simultaneous calls, not extensions, pay per PBX not by extension, and by free interoffice calls.
- Your team take their extensions wherever they go with apps for iOS, Android and Windows
- The web application allows calls to be made directly from a browser
- Real-time chat with visitors to your website, call or video conference
- Host video conferences free for up to 250 participants
- Next-generation call centre features for pro users
Advanced automatic security features not only protect your company communications but also prevent unwanted or fraudulent calls using a global IP blacklist. The PBX systems that we deploy are at the forefront of communication encryption and threat detection. Security features include:
- An increased secure web server configuration
- Automatic detection & blacklisting of SIP Attack tools
- Global IP Blacklist automatically updated for participating PBXs
- Traffic to proprietary apps is encrypted via the VoIP Tunnel
- Voice traffic is encrypted via SRTP
- Automatic generation and management of SSL certs
- Revolutionary VoIP Security with A+ rating from SSL lab
- Automatic Failover for instant backup
- Encryption between browser and the website ensured via HTTPS
- Limit access to VoIP management console based on IP